I’m a little late but below are my five favourite movies of the year as of the end of June. At of the end of the year the plan is to do a top 10 list. Keep your eyes peeled for the much more fun Top 5 least favourite movies of the year. So here we go:
1. Wolf Of Wall Street – the best Leonardo DiCaprio performance to date. It was great to watch a movie that didn’t compromise on its content. The three hours flew by.
2. X-Men: Days Of Future Past – the quality of movie I always wanted to see from my favourite comic book franchise. I thought First Class was good but this movie is fantastic.
3. The Fault In Our Stars – never thought this movie would ever have been in consideration but I felt great after watching this classy effort. I’ve heard some criticism that this is nothing special / original but I firmly disagree.
4. Chef – this movie had its problems but the soundtrack and banter between Jon Favreau and John Leguizamo is really warm and funny. Tasty looking food too.
5. Godzilla – this is a really well made monster movie that sets up an exciting new franchise. Watched this one twice.
Special mentions – Transcendence, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.