Well I’ve already posted the list of my favourite five movies of the year to the end of June, now its time of my least favourite.
1. Walking On Sunshine – by far my least favourite movie of the first half of 2014. Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, terrible dancing.
2. The Book Thief – it’s really, really boring. Nothing happens then a bomb drops, the end.
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 -this was a really frustrating watch. A movie with an incredible identity crisis. This incarnation of the franchise has still to catch fire.
4. Need For Speed – this isn’t a really bad movie, but it pretends to be something it really isn’t with the romance shoe-horned in there. Should have been ninety minutes and focused on incredible car set pieces.
5. Edge of Tomorrow – disappointment plays a big part in this movie making it into this list. I wasn’t expecting too much but I was bored for long sections. It could have been a darkly comic movie with an edge (get it!) but turned out to be hum drum mediocre.
I almost went controversial with Twelve Years A Slave because I couldn’t get into it but even I know this was a really well made movie with incredible acting.