10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – it’s a mess. The cast was let down by a script / edit of the film with an identity crisis.
9. Lets be Cops – I had big problems with the characters and lack of consequence for their actions. Another crummy US R-rated comedy.
8. Hercules – a TV special pretending to be a big screen movie. Silly retelling of what should be a classic tale.
7. Sex Tape – after the first 30 minutes of this film I was ready to call it the worst film of the year. The opening is ghastly and the movie is almost saved by the acceptable second half. Cameron Diaz did not have a good year.
6. The Expendables 3 – this film series has been sold as the opportunity to relive the glory days of the action films of the 80’s & 90’s. It’s not even close and with the exception of the appearance of Mel Gibson this movie is rubbish.
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – this film started off kind of OK. Megan Fox not much to write home about but it was tolerable and then, and then …. the listed director went for a tea break and Michael Bay couldn’t help himself. By the time the tea break was over the rest of the film had been finished and it was Turtles with Transformers. Really upset me.
4. Transformers: Age of Exstinksion – you knew it was going to feature somewhere on the list and yet there were three films worse than this. Oh dear.
3. What If – I suspect this choice will surprise many as this film had a very likable cast and it did. However, I thought the dialogue was absolute garbage. This is a film that thought discussing how much poop was in Elvis Presley’s body at the moment of death was funny. I didn’t.
2. Walking on Sunshine – this is a British film that attempted to ride on the back of the success of Mamma Mia but with 80’s music as the soundtrack. Lazy choreography, lazy acting, lazy everything. Apparently fat people are funny – that was deep as this film got.
1. Love, Rosie – this was the film that made me want to eat my own face in frustration. If you haven’t seen it then good. Don’t. It features two of the most stupid characters in cinematic history making stupid decision after stupid decision. It’s full of plot holes and characters disappear for hours at a time. I thought we were better than this in the UK. Apparently not.